It’s been three months since my last blog post, but OmniPudding has never been far from my mind, nor has development work ceased.
I came to the realisation last night that the format for OmniPudding website is flawed – until something I’m working on is big and mature enough to justify a whole project page, with screenshots, download links, a changelog, etc, there hasn’t really been a good way for me to put it on the site. And for the last three months, I’ve been working around the edges on a few new projects, refactoring and tweaking some other projects (but nothing to justify a whole blog post about them), and generally keeping myself busy.
So to rectify this, I’m going to be doing two things:
Firstly, I’m going to be posting a fortnightly update post, on Sunday afternoons. These posts are generally going to be quick rundowns of what I’ve been up to over the past two weeks, with perhaps a screenshot or two if anything has been visual.
Secondly, I’m going to create a new project page called ‘Sketches’. A Sketch is any development work I do that doesn’t quite merit being called a Project. Generally these occupy me for a day or three before I consider myself satisfied and move on. The Sketches project page will feature working titles, any screenshots where applicable, and a brief description of the Sketch. I’ll probably create this project page sometime before the next Fortnightly update.
Hopefully that will help to bring OmniPudding.com closer in line with what I actually do in my spare time!
As for what I’ve actually been working on over the past three months, in no particular order:
- Totally rebuilt OmniPudding.com visually – it looks somewhat respectable now!
- Added lots of fun stuff to Mountaineer – this probably does actually warrant it’s own post and a new version, but that will probably have to wait for next Sunday afternoon
- Ported LineCircles to Android – just a quick port with limited functionality so that I could get it running on my Remix Minis to make use of some spare LCDs I had laying around, but it’s up there!
- Started adding Vive support to GEOM, allowing for some pretty awesome interaction with the Vive Wands
- Commenced work on a potentially major project, but not at a point where I’ll be posting about it any time soon
- Played around with Whitney Music Boxes – so fun
- Messed around a little with Watson’s Personality Insights API and Facebook Messages to explore what I like to call Personality Social Plasticity
- Worked a little on my old LEAP Motion Typing application with the new Orion SDK – turns out it’s still not accurate enough for typing (which is fair enough given the edge-case for finger tracking that is typing)
- Added some functionality and visual prettiness to MIDI VR – this project is now officially on hold until I can get my hands on some decent finger trackers
- Started work on a Vive PingPong game – probably not going to do much more work on this
I think that’s about everything! I’ll be doing specific posts about a few of these things over the coming fortnight, but for now at least it’s all down!
Until next fortnight!